“Partnering up with the Cranfield Trust was a first for us,” said Mark Wiggin CEO of Caritas Diocese of Salford, and added, “ the conference was a great success in bringing so many charities together to benefit from the expert inputs on offer.” Over 40 delegates participated from 15 different charities. The training inputs included:
- RECRUITMENT – Getting it right first time
- FEEDBACK – Giving positive feedback to improve performance
- GDPR – with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- MARKETING – Getting your charity message out there
The takeaways from the event came through comments from participant such as:
- Lots of useful information across all for sessions –plenty to think about, reflect upon & put into action.
- Look at marketing in different way, liked the messages there. Useful to talk to the Cranfield associates.
- Think more about sharing feedback & using it as a tool. Develop the brand to keep it simple.
- Look at how I support my staff team in terms of giving feedback & how I can improve on this. Look at our current recruitment processes to try and improve this.
- Take time out to plan, give me feedback to staff and be more aware of our GDPR procedures.
In addition, the conference facilities at the Cathedral Centre got top marks in the evaluation feedback.
Every year Cranfield Trust works with charities across the North West, providing free, independent management consultancy. Cranfield matches the charity’s needs with a highly skilled and experienced volunteer management consultant, who will offer help and guidance on everything from strategic planning financial processes, building a strong board to producing a marketing plan to get a charity noticed.